10 May 2014

Life

Obviously it's been a long, long time since I've written. Time flies. And time is short. And I've been busy and it's spring time. 

It's a Saturday after work and I'm having my latte. Lately I've been getting one to go because of other plans, but today I'll be staying close to home. It looks like stormy weather is on the way. I went to the nursery yesterday to pick up most of my plants and plan to get them in the ground tomorrow or Monday. I was looking at the picture I featured in my last post. What a difference 5 weeks makes. Here's a picture as my tulips started to bloom. As the early red tulips were finishing, all the rest bloomed. I usually pull all the tulips every year. This year I only composted the red ones. The others I bought from Longwood Gardens and they were gorgeous and I want to see if they come back next year. So I'll deal with the dying foliage. I don't like that. My perennials are up and running and the garden is looking lush.


My sister and I went to Longwood Gardens in Kennett Square, PA on Monday. Google it to get an idea of how amazing it is. They planted over 240,000 tulips outdoors and 25,000 in the conservatory. We were there on a beautiful day. It was amazing. It was my 4th time at Longwood in the past year.






I've been spending time on the water with my bf Peter. We've gone sailing a few times and did an overnight recently. I love it. 


We've also been out a few times on his power boat. I love that too. I've always loved the water and I feel right at home on a boat. Life is good!

My brother is hosting Mother's Day tomorrow. I'll pick my parents up and bring them to his house. My mother wanted hamburgers, so that's what it will be. I'm going to a concert at Ram's Head in Annapolis that night to see David Bomberg. My friend Nancy had an extra ticket and invited me to be her guest. I don't know his music, but I'm sure I'll love it. Speaking of concerts, I saw one of my favorite bands of all time last Sunday. Nickle Creek. I discovered them years ago. They just put out their first album in 7 years and it's their first tour in that many years. It was at a small venue, The 9:30 Club in DC. They were so great and the crowd was so appreciative of every song and the entire night was so feel-good/life is good that afterward I said it was one of the best nights of my life. 

Time to move on. Nice writing again!















2 comments:

Josie Two Shoes said...

What a happy, full of life post! Your yard work is of course magnificent! The flower gardens are amazing, and I would love to visit there! You look totally at home on that boat, what a great time you two are having, he seems to fit just right! And Mother's Day with Mom and Dad, the awesome daughter as always. I know it isn't easy getting them out and I also know it means a lot to them. Enjoy your burgers and treasure the memories you are making! I'd give anything for one more day with my folks. I get to see my kids in less than two weeks though, and I am so excited and counting down the days to that! Have a wonderful summer ahead, Cheryl... and post some new pictures of your feet, it isn't officially summer until you do! :-)

KathyA said...

Yes, what an amazing difference a few weeks make!

And have fun planting; I know it will look great. Can't wait to see pics.

Post a Comment

I love comments!