26 March 2007

I sat on my porch for at least an hour today. It was so nice. Nothing like a spring day and all the sounds and sights that go along with it. I felt like a voyeur, observing the birds. It's how I first saw my hummingbird last year. I had been disappointed that I didn't have any. It wasn't till I spent time sitting still on my porch that I saw my lone hummer. This year I hope to get more. My feeder is out before the migration date, which should be coming up. Emily came home from school while I was outside and commented on how the sounds of the birds wake her up every morning. I told her I was writing about how much I enjoy those same birds!

I had to go for a CT scan this morning for some abdominal pain I've been having. The procedure didn't take long. I plan on the results coming back negative. I'll try not to worry too much. I went to Panerra's afterwards with my laptop for breakfast and their free wireless. I had a bagel and coffee while doing some work. Well, not 'work' work. That was a first for me, and I really enjoyed it. I went to the mall afterwards and bought new sandals and got a pedicure. It was indulgent and fun. A day off without too much running around.

7 comments:

Terroni said...

I was at Panera today, too! My roommate and I study there because we can sit all day, leach off the Wi-Fi, and refill our coffee.

What kind of bagel for you? My favorite is Asiago cheese with sun-dried tomato cream cheese.


I'm sending you hummingbird thoughts!

Amanda said...

A day off without too much running around.

This sounds like a great day! :)

captain corky said...

Sounds like you had a great day Cheryl. I added a link to your blog on the Log (I just love doing that).

Neponset River Bridge Dig said...

Penera Bread is one of my favorite places to go and relax.

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a good day.

I love hummingbirds! Brightly colored flowers of orange, pink and red will attract them and your feeder wiil need to be cleaned and solution remade once a week to keep it tasty and healthy for them.

-P

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a good day.

I love hummingbirds! Brightly colored flowers of orange, pink and red will attract them and your feeder wiil need to be cleaned and solution remade once a week to keep it tasty and healthy for them.

-P

Neponset River Bridge Dig said...

Teronni - That's MY favorite Bagel and cream cheese combo too!!!

Post a Comment

I love comments!