28 March 2007

The windows are open, the birds are busy singing; I just love this time of year. It seems like the pear and cherry trees bloomed overnight. It must have been that 80 degree day yesterday. Soon the pollen will follow and I'll need to keep the windows closed. It wasn't till I got hardwood floors that I saw how much pollen comes in through the windows.

Emily registered to play softball yesterday. She's never played a sport and this is late to get a start on it. I'm glad that she wants to do it, and hope she fits in. She played softball in PE this year and loved it and said she's really good at it. I came home from work yesterday and she had a new ball and glove. She and her Dad spent about an hour throwing and catching. This morning I saw a diagram he made for her with all the positions, names of plays, etc... She's getting a crash course. I don't have an athletic bone in my body, and Emily's never been interested before. I've always wanted her to be involved in sports, so I think this is great and a precursor to sports in high school next year.

I don't want to, but its time to get going to work. Have a great day....

NOTE: I stand corrected by my daughter on a few things. She was on inter-mural teams in her middle school, and she did play soccer and t-ball when she was much younger. She loves U of MD games and football in general. Sorry Emily!

8 comments:

Terroni said...

I hope you have a great day too! I've really been enjoying all these cheery spring posts. Makes me :)

Anonymous said...

Yeah, we finally got some sun ourselves today, I shall run out and get my vitamin D processed. :)

-P

Amanda said...

It seems we share the same weather at the moment. :)

Anonymous said...

Spring is just so happy! All the flowers popping up, the dandy lions in my lawn....

We never really got into softball here for whatever reason. It's a good thing her dad is able to coach her a bit. (I'd be clueless too)

Billy said...

Good for Emily. I love the spring mornings we've had. Fresh dew on the grass and the birds chirping up a storm! We've been blessed with light fog also, which I just love!

Andrew said...

My Honda is yellow from pine pollen. It is headed your way so watch out! Good to hear Emily is getting into sports. I don't have an athletic bone in my body either. Hope you had a great day!

Andrew

captain corky said...

I'll never forget playing catch with my father... Some of the best times we had together.

Lets all quit are jobs tomorrow. ;)

Unknown said...

Good for Emily! Is it a rec dept league? Hopefully, the other girls her age are not too advanced for her. That is a good activity for her and her Dad.

Post a Comment

I love comments!