11 September 2008

I'm trying to be happy today. So far it isn't happening. I've been teary-eyed all morning. Usually I can shake off what ails me, but no luck yet. Emily refused to let me come to her field hockey game today. What's that? I'm feeling SO sorry for myself, here on 9/11 when my grief is such a speck of nothing compared to the sorrow of our whole nation. I need to get things in perspective.

I'm at Panera's, just finishing up. I just came from the bathroom and counted 12 people on laptops. I find that amazing. I'll be going to the beauty supply store in this shopping center, then Sam's Club in search of a cordless phone system, again. The new one I bought doesn't work. I called Verizon and V-Tech, and no one knows why. I'm driving to an indoor pool center to check it out, then a sports club to see theirs. This is the one that I've had a lifetime membership to since the 80's and haven't used or seen since the 90's. I'll do some grocery shopping on the way home. Maybe stop by a paint store. I saw a color in a friend's house and just loved it. If I paint a swatch on a wall I'll be forced to paint it something, right? Painting would be a good project.

13 comments:

Jenny said...

My 22-year-old daughter, who lives with us right now, has been painting like a banshee in the spare bedrooms. She is an excellent painter and has picked some of the prettiest Sherwin-Williams colors. We're getting new carpeting in those rooms too, though thus far that has been somewhat of an ordeal. Know what Cheryl? I bought a V-Tech cordless system at Sam's Club (when I would still go there ... long story) and it's useless too. I can't figure out what's wrong with it.

Chin up chickie ... have a good rest of the day even though your heart is heavy.

fiwa said...

HUGS.
love,
fiwa

Ruth Hull Chatlien said...

I'm sorry your daughter is excluding you. That must hurt a lot.

I hope you get through your chores, find a phone that works and a pool you like, and most of all, that you will encounter some of those happy surprises that lift your spirits.

(((Chery)))

Portia said...

Oh Cheryl, I'm so sorry. I hope the day improves. It's probably not much consolation right at the moment, but my mother and I went through some terrible times too when I was that age, and now she's my best friend. It's just a phase, but that doesn't make it an easy phase.
I have to run. I know I've been absent but wanted to say hi. Will be back to catch up more another time..

Andrew said...

Hugs gal. I hope your day improves. I am thinking of you. We all have them so don't fret to much about it.

CRUSTY MOM-E said...

I wish there was something I could do or say to make it all better---
but I can't.
What I will say is this, you can call me to cry, that's fine-anytime.

And you can go to her game too-what would she do, stop midplay and yell at you in front of all those people? who'd be crying then?...

Be You always!

and call me inbetween :)
xo,
me

Lena said...

Even when put into perspective, it still hurts. Sorry that you and EM are having a bumpy road.

New paint on the walls can cheer me up.

Hope you find the phone and a good place to swim.

Mary said...

Teens can be so very, very cruel. My heart hurts for you. I wish I could say or do domething to make things better. Just know that your readers love you and only want the best for you. You deserve the best.

C.A. said...

Cheryl I don't think she can stop you from attending her game. She's still the kid and you're still the Mom. I'm sorry this is happening, my friend.

Hugs....

C.A.

Gin said...

Kids are so weird sometimes!!! I hope you found a reason to smile today.

CRUSTY MOM-E said...

thinking of you!!
:)
me

Golden To Silver Val said...

I wish there was something I could do or say to make you feel better. Teens are something else. Heck with an instruction manual for babies....we all need one for teens! Will never happen cause NO ONE knows what makes them tick. LOL Hope your days get better and by the weekend, all is well again. deep breaths....deep breaths.

Summer said...

Is today better?

Post a Comment

I love comments!