25 December 2008

Relaxing

It's been a great day so far. I let Emily sleep a little late. We had breakfast before opening gifts. Different from the past. No cookies and drink left out for Santa. The first year without a Christmas letter from that jolly old man. No dirt by the fireplace. No video of Emily coming down the stairs. No matching pajamas. It was time to move on. We had the traditions, and I'll treasure them, and I have years worth of videos and pictures that I can look at and remember. Time for new traditions. Emily was very pleased with her gifts. The big one was the North Face jacket. That and her American Eagle shoes, Juicy Couture necklace and Found book were her favorites. Her father got here about noon, and I took lots of pictures of them, as I do every year, and he took some of us. My plan after they left was to go to a movie before heading to my brother and sister-in-law's. After some thought, I decided to get back into my pj's, strap 2 ice bags on my knee, and relax with my laptop. I uploaded a few albums to my Facebook site, and here I am. It's just about time to put my clothes back on and head on out.

How's your day?





7 comments:

Jay said...

It's been a pretty quiet Christmas here. I even took a nap this afternoon. Now, we're about ready to start making Christmas dinner.

Oh, and yes I did get your card. I think it was the first or nearly the first one I got! You're so organized! haha

It was a really nice card too! ;-)

Moohaa said...

Like Jay, I got a nap today. It was nice.

Merry Christmas! Thank you for the card. It's beautiful as always, you put so much time and effort into them. Thank you!

Yes we get snow occasionally, but people tend to panic. We have around two feet at our house, being that we're on a hill. The rest of town is doing pretty well with around a foot. Unfortunately, our street is so small we don't get a snow plow. Great. :)

But it snowed today and made it that much more special.

Take care!

Gin said...

These photos are so cute! I loveLoveLOVE Emily's hair!!

KathyA said...

Emily is beautiful. Glad you had some time to relax today.

fiwa said...

You both look beautiful. I'm glad you decided to take a break and ice your knee. Is it any better?

Take care of you -
fiwa

heiresschild said...

Merry Christmas Cheryl! beautiful photos. glad you had a great day. hope your knee feels better. haven't visited in a while so i don't know how you hurt it, but i hope it heals real soon.

Jamie said...

What a beautiful home, daughter and beautiful you. I hope your knee feels better this morning.

Happy Friday Cheryl.

Hugs.

:)

Post a Comment

I love comments!