07 July 2009

An unoriginal title: Tuesday's post

I had NO idea of the hoopla surrounding Michael Jackson's death and the memorial service. He died when I was on vacation, and the only reason the TV was on then was because of the kids. I stopped getting the newspaper. I rarely turn on the TV, but I had the Today show on while putting on my 'face' this morning. Wow! I'm tempted to DVR the memorial today, just because. I was so affected by the death of Princess Di. This one was maybe, expected? I don't know.

I had the best day off yesterday! It was a gorgeous day with a bright blue sky, low humidity, a breeze, and temps in the 80's. I took Emily to her job, did a few things around the house, and spent the rest of the day at the pool. Ah, what a life. It was deliciously decadent. I swam laps, read, listened to Creedence Clearwater Revival on my iPhone, and waxed nostalgic about life. I came home and grilled a flat iron steak and potatoes for dinner with grean beans. After time on the porch, Emily and I went to Dairy Queen. My favorite Blizzard is the Strawberry Cheesequake. It was as good as always. A perfect ending to a perfect day.

This morning has been a rush! I finally went grocery shopping, made lunches, etc. Emily went with her dad for a 3 hour test for exercise-induced asthma. I don't envy her. When they're done, they're going to the MVA for Emily to take her Learner's Permit test. A big day for her. She's practicing and I think she'll pass.

Because I'm me, here's a few pictures. Just because.

No, the point of this is not to show that my nails and cuticles are in bad shape. I had no idea how bad they were! It's to show the ugly nail that looks that way because I closed it in a door about a month ago. I think I'm gonna lose that nail.


This is a picture of my friend Kit with her 90-something year old father. Kit is a wonderful daughter, and I love seeing the two of them together.



The pictures in yesterday's post did include one from my Butterfly Bush. I have 3 of the bushes in different colors.

Time to run to work. Happy Tuesday!

9 comments:

Jay said...

I gotta watch the memorial service. I can't resist it. There's too much potential for train wrecks and maybe even a riot. I wouldn't want to miss that. ;-)

Anonymous said...

No memorial service for me, gotta go to work. I have so enjoyed having three days off. I love how you make the most of your days off, always finding time for a little leisure to restore the soul. I need to learn from you! Poor finger nail, that must have hurt!

Seth M. Ward said...

Man, what I wouldn't do to have another day with my dad.....

Glad you had a good day off! Take care and be good to yourself!

happyone said...

We all need one of those fun days. It was a beautiful day outside, just like today. I'm really enjoying my deck.
I need to go grocery shopping tomorrow!
Good luck to Emily with her driving. :-) She must be so excited.

Lena said...

My husband had his finger slammed in the car door and it turned as blue as yours. He did not lose his nail.

I love hearing about your days.

KathyA said...

Saw you this morning at the salon, but then you disappeared! Poof and you were gone! My favorite Blizzard has chunks of brownie in it!!!

Martha said...

Oooohhh. I couldn't help but cringe at the nail picture. I broke the top of my finger a few years ago (literally almost took it off at the top knuckle) and the nail bed was black for weeks before the nail finally fell off. The new nail looks perfectly fine, but what a pain!

Seth M. Ward said...

So when I cut it, do I do it at a slant or straight across? Also should I put them in water or just cut them and let them sit in a dry vase?? Thanks for the help! I am trying to learn:D

Jamie said...

I LOVE the name Kit, and she honestly looks like one...

Hope your Tuesday was awesome, just like I hope for this day. Hugs, friend.

Post a Comment

I love comments!