19 May 2007

Glad to say I can get Internet access from any room in the house. Woohoo!, as Abbagirl would say. I never did get to see the return of Cableboy. I wonder if he saw me as the mother-type, or as Mrs. Robinson. I'll never know.

I didn't make it to Border's today. Emily was dropped off at my salon so we could go shoe shopping for my nephew's wedding next weekend. From there we rushed to my eye doctor appointment. I picked out a sort of edgy/modern pair of glasses that I hope I love. I also ordered prescription sunglasses. I wanted to use the money that I got for my 20th anniversary at work for something special, and this was perfect. Thanks Pam and Mason! Emily and I went to Kohl's next. I had a good coupon, and wanted to see if we could find shoes for Emily that were less expensive than the ones we found earlier. A few hours and many dollars later, Emily had her shoes and a whole bunch of other stuff. I got one pair of knee-highs for my Mom. We did have a good time.

Tomorrow morning will find me at Panera's with Kit again. A few people have asked me who she is. She's one of my oldest friends, and I hope she'll do a guest post one of these days. We grew up together in Bowie, and have been friends since we were in Junior High, I think. We sort of stayed in touch after high school, but it's been in the last few years that we've been hanging out regularly. She has a blog that archives her family history, and narrates it in the voice of her 89 year old father.

Well, I'm going to sign off now and spend time reading my favorite blogs. Till I write again, ado...