07 May 2007


It was a very full Sunday. That's the way I do them. I started off at Panera's. I'm always impressed with that place, never disappointed. I had a tart cherry scone and a bottomless cup of coffee. I met Kit there with the breakfast crowd and left well into the lunch hour. We went to Macy's afterwards and did a little shopping. I'm not really a shopper, and I found it depressing. At work I wear black slacks or capri's, and plain t-shirts and I wear an apron or a smock. I've really been in need of new 'non-work' clothes but have been waiting for about 5 lbs to magically disappear. Instead of looking at clothes and being excited, I just got bummed out. Plus I'm nervous about my medical test results, and have been living with a sort of dread (I'm calling tomorrow), and that's depressing. The longer I was there, the more depressed I got. I bought some MAC eyeliner crayons instead of clothes. I went to my parent's house and hung outside with my Mom. She had me pulling weeds and other garden stuff. I told her I'd come back on Thursday and plant her baskets. I went to Marshall's afterwards and found some good stuff and my mood perked up. I think I just do better in a store without as many choices. I had about 6 things to try on when my neighbor called. She and her girlfriend's car broke down and they were on the side of the road with their dog, waiting for a cab that might take on a dog. I was kind of glad for the distraction, and for the opportunity to help them. I bought my clothes without trying them on, and went to the rescue. I spent the rest of the day working outside. I listened to music on my mp3 player. I finally got the pleasure of seeing a hummingbird at my feeder. The day started well and ended well.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm the same way with too many choices. I want them ALL but usually end up with nothing much...how sad is that.

What a good friend you are to rush off to the rescue. Maybe that will have some impact on your war with the rodents...good Karma or something...

Billy said...

The tests will be fine. Sounds like you had a productive day for yourself. That's good. Hang in there girl, you are going to be fine. Hope you have a wonderful week.

Anonymous said...

Waiting for the results of medical tests is the worst!!!

My mom had blood drawn two weeks ago and then the Doctor went on vacation and they told us they could not tell us about the results until he got back. He gets back today. If she emails me, it is ok, if she calls crying, then it is bad. I'll cross my fingers for you as well.

I'm not much of a shopper myself unless I'm in a craft store, then I can get a little crazy. (like $80.00 of fake fur for making puppets)

Take Care Cheryl!
-P

Amanda said...

I've been waiting for a certain "baby pouch" to magically disappear for 6 years now...Oh well. :) Thinking of you C!

captain corky said...

There's nothing like an endless cup of coffee.

I'm thinking good thoughts for you.

Neponset River Bridge Dig said...

I was at Penra Bread Sunday morning too. I didn't see you there. :))

Post a Comment

I love comments!