01 February 2008

I've got the miserable kind of cold. Sneezing, runny nose, terrible headache, chills. I called in sick today. I'm thinking it's been at least 10-15 years since I've done that. It took me about 2 hours to convince myself I was sick enough to take off. I'm just that way. In my line of work, I have clients with appointments all day long. When I take off, there's no place else to fit them in. So, I'll be working my next day off. My sister from Ga is in for a visit next week, and I wanted to spend the day with her, but, that's the way it is. I hope to just work a half day. My boss encouraged me to see my doctor today in case I have a sinus infection. I went, but the doctor thinks it's an upper respiratory thing. She prescribed the antibiotic prescription of Z pack (sp?), and told me to take it tomorrow if I'm not feeling better. I also bought Claritin. I've already taken 3 Motrin, and they're just not doing anything.

Well, enough of the whining. I'm off to bed. With a cold pack on my forehead.

11 comments:

Brad said...

I'm so sorry - Hopefully there's a good movie on tv to watch or something. Feel better soon !

Ilene said...

I'm so sorry you're sick, and rats! I'm sorry you won't have a day off when I'm there. Get better by Sunday!

beachgirl said...

Hi Cheryl,
I love the Z Packs. They kick everything out really quickly. Hot liquids, home made chicken soup.

Feel better. Today was a gym day followed by the beach.

beachgirl said...

Hi Cheryl,
I love the Z Packs. They kick everything out really quickly. Hot liquids, home made chicken soup.

Feel better. Today was a gym day followed by the beach.

Mary said...

Z Packs have kept me going more times than one. Take care of yourself. January was not user friendly for you and stress always lowers your immune system's ability to throw off crud.

Andrew said...

Thinking of you, friend, and thank you for your comment tonight. Get plenty of rest (the best cure) and get to feeling better soon. I second that vote for chicken soup. Maybe we can convince Pioneer Woman to do that as her next food recipe expose!

marykay said...

Take the zpack you will feel so much better. Halls breezes are great for your throat, the pink ones with white lines I threw the bag away so don't know flavor. I think berry, You have such a great work ethic, not many people have that nowadays. Feel better soon.

Mo said...

Aw, I wish you were feeling better.

Get lots of rest. You deserve it!

SOUL said...

real sorry to hear you are sick. sure seems more folks are sick than well lately . i sure can't wait for warmth. it's been a weird winter.
get better soon.
laterz

Jamie said...

I hope you are better today, this bug seems to hang on a while. I just took the Z pak too...it usually works well...

Have a good time today!

heiresschild said...

hi Cheryl, i'm reading from your current post on back, so i know you're feeling better today. this sounded like what i had, and so many others i know. i heard on the news yesterday that there's a new flu strain going around that, unfortunately, the flu shot doesn't cover. i kept saying i didn't have the flu because i wasn't feeling achy, but i did have an upper respiratory infection (which i've never had before), and now i'm thinking it was probably this flu strain.

Post a Comment

I love comments!