18 February 2008

So, Kelly and I are in the very crowded waiting room of the imaging center, when the door is opened and my name is called. Instead of looking up to see a woman wearing scrubs, I'm called back by a very hot guy. No other way to describe him. As I'm following him into the corridor, I'm turning back to Kelly and mouthing 'no way!' He leads me to a cubicle and instructs me to remove my bra and pants and put on a gown. At that point I say, 'you're not doing my mammogram!' He looked very embarrassed and told me no, he's doing my bone scan. Oh. Whew! I'm all for equality of the sexes, but I draw the line at male mammographies. The bone density test was interesting. It was fun being with Kelly for the other scan. We were in the inner waiting room at the same time and chatted away. It turns out the woman doing my scan was a former client at my salon, and followed her stylist when she moved. We talked the whole time about Kris Ann, and I hardly noticed the procedure. Well, that's not true. When someone's manipulating and compressing your boobs, you can't quite not notice. I guess I'd say the time flew by. Kelly and I went to Baja Fresh for lunch afterwards, then to Staples where I bought and installed the memory I've been wanting, and bought an external hard drive. Kelly came over when we got home, and set up the hard drive. I've moved all my pictures and important documents over. I've scanned my computer for adware, spyware, compressed this, deleted that, and cleaned it all up. And it's still running slower than ever. Wah! But, I digress.

It was a good day for me. I'm heading upstairs to start a new book, The Tenth Muse, My Life In Food, by Judith Jones. I didn't get to read any blogs today...sorry. I'll catch up with you all later. Thanks for stopping by!

16 comments:

Mary said...

I'm cruel! I laughed until I cried when I read about the "very hot guy" telling you to remove your bra and pants, put on a gown and follow him. I bet Kelly was both laughing and wondering if she'd be next. OK, I'm sorry I laughed at your expense. I promise not to do it again until next time. Glad the day wasn't too bad. Enjoy your book.

Billy said...

Well, it sounds like the day ended well, not to mention starting out very well. You totally made me laugh out loud though. I bet the guy gets that all of the time. Glad it was a good day.

Anonymous said...

Cheryl -

Here are to sights for you to check to see if there any updates for your dell computer - maybe then it will run faster. The first one is Dell Support Center - download and install it
http://www.dell.com/content/topics/global.aspx/services/en/dsc_home

and the other is a dell offered PC check up
http://pccheckup.dellfix.com/rel/?randseed=0.13612982119327244
which checks all sortso fo setting to see if yur computer needs tweaking for better performance.

Hope this helps.

Barbara S - waving to you from Laurel!

Lena said...

I always make sure I ask for a female mammographer! Never take a chance...

Enjoy your new book.

Lena

Moohaa said...

I've never had a mammogram. The thought of the torture stories I've heard scares me to death. Course the resulting threat of death by not having one is even worse. Glad seeing a hottie livened up your day!

bonnie said...

I can't imagine a radiology facility actually hiring a male for mammos. They seem to be believers in the procedure and I think they'd lose patients. I have never had an uncomfortable mammogram and I have known women with breast cancer. It really upsets me when my friends won't get one because they are scared. I say take a valium and a friend and make the appointment.

beachgirl said...

How come I never get hot guys like that. but I'm with you. No guys squishing my tiny titties for a mammogram.

Have an awesome day.

CRUSTY MOM-E said...

I dunno, a hot guy doing mammo's? I may have found myself asking him if back rubs come with the scan! HAHA! :LOL!

It sounds like a nice day, and that your computer feels better after you've removed some of the items out of her. I love my external hard drive, but I can't stand how it doesn't "show" the pictures, I have to click on each one to remember what it is. I must be doing something wrong.
Sorry to hear that the system is slow, I wish Andrew lived closer, you know he'd be over in a heart beat!

So, happy Tuesday! I'm going to go get Sulli ready for Preschool, start the car to warm it up because it's so cold, back her out of the garage, and wake the other two boys up,...although Jack won't be happy. :) We watched MY DAD IS BETTER THEN YOUR DAD last nite, something different, brand new show, figured it's good bond time with Jack and Dad...it was really cute! Good sports too which made me happy to see!

Talk to you later!
Always,
Elizabeth

Karen said...

I would die with a leg in the air if a hottie was going to be doing my mammogram. It was bad enough when I was pregnant with my daughters that my Doctor was quite cute. The humiliation of it all....

Glad you got it over with AND managed to enjoy the day as well. Now I really must ring about mine tomorrow. I'm making a note as we speak.

Happyone said...

Glad you got all that over with and had a nice day as well.
I suppose I should make an appointment and get mine over with too.
I don't really find them bad, just a bit uncomfortable, it's more embrassing than anything.

Portia said...

It's such a great idea to get these things out of the way with a friend by your side. I love how you make a whole day of it! I want an external hard drive too, but I'm sorry to hear it didn't speed up your system any. I hope you are enjoying the new book!

Brad said...

Guys really do have it better in a lot of ways. It really doen't even hurt to turn your head and cough. If the Doc's would just warm they're hands first

jAMiE said...

OH Cheryl, i love your posts...so glad your day went well and you enjoyed your time with your friend...and the tests weren't so bad. Always a pleasure to stop by and see you!

Enjoy your book.

Portia said...

spreading the love!

Martha said...

I've had male lab techs for some strange things...like an internal ultrasound. He was very professional, but it completely freaked me out! He wasn't hot, so that helped a little...

Anonymous said...

I really do wish so many women would stop making it sound like a mammogram is some horrible experience! It is certainly a bit uncomfortable and awkward, but really NOT a big deal.

Also, I have had a male technician for a lower GI, which is much worse. At the end of the day... male or female, they are all health care professionals!

Post a Comment

I love comments!