Update...
The day got better. I decided to do some shopping. I'm not a clothes shopper; if someone could shop for me I'd be happy. I like 'stuff.' I went to the garden center at Walmart, but didn't find anything. I went to Sam's Club and walked the isles. I found stuff. I went to Kohl's and bought a pair of capri's and all new drinking glasses. I've had a mishmash of cups and glasses forever. I bought clear acrylic glasses in two sizes. I'm clearing out all the rest. I came home, and read, organized, etc. I had a good talk with my daughter after she came home. All is well. It's been drizzling on and off, but I'm still going to try to walk.
Here's something I thought I'd share...I read about this in the Washington Post and thought it was worthy of passing along. Saturday is the 16th annual Stamp Out Hunger Food Drive. Letter carriers will be collecting food donations left out next to our mailboxes. Here's the link with more information. I called to make sure my post office was participating. It seems all but the rural routes are taking part, but you might want to verify. It's a good time to clean out our pantries for a good cause.
How's your Thursday?
skip to main |
skip to sidebar
08 May 2008
The Girl With the Curl
About Me
- Cheryl
- I have the perfect job for me. I choose to be a happy person. I have a 23 year old daughter, a mostly local family and some great friends. I live in a sun-filled home that I love. I love to learn. I'm easy to please. I'm not always what I seem.
I Wonder What's In Here?
FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed
My Blog List
-
-
Most Wonderful Time Of The Year - This afternoon, after I taught a class at the studio, Christian took the girls camping, and Minnie and I had our own little mommy-daughter evening together...4 days ago
-
Reflections (And Not on a Green Pond) - One would have to be a hanging salami to not be affected by the literal dismantling of our White House, Rose Garden, Performing Arts Center, and on and ...2 months ago
-
-
Marching In - Here it is March already and winter just flew by. Anyway, another milestone was passed, 71 trips around the sun in January! If any of my followers are stil...6 months ago
-
Hello world! - Welcome to WordPress. This is your first post. Edit or delete it, then start writing!1 year ago
-
-
This Saturday’s Recipes by The Pioneer Woman - This Saturday is a brand new episode of “Home Sweet Home” on Food Network. My kids are helping me shoot it, my production company in the UK is editing it t...6 years ago
-
Healthy Living as a Type 1 Diabetic: Tandem X2 Insulin Pump & Dexcom G6 CGM - *New Podcasts: * Healthy Living Diabetes: Tandem X2 Insulin Pump & Dexcom G6 CGM *30 minute podcast click here * 60 minute podcast click here Anyone who ha...6 years ago
-
Meg and Other Matters - Meg, Alex’s lifelong friend, got married Saturday! She’s Hyacinth’s daughter, and while it’s a little surreal that she is now a married woman, she found pr...7 years ago
-
Whatever It Takes - Have you ever been in a position of having someone--a spouse, significant other, someone very close to you--ask you a major, "What if..." question? I was h...7 years ago
-
Moving to a New Location - This year I will be blogging at: http://josietwoshoes.wordpress.com Please come and visit me there! :-)8 years ago
-
Back again - I miss my blogging friends. I have become addicted to Facebook and Twitter and it steals all of my time. The only blogs I usually read now are by bloggers...9 years ago
-
A quick update--- - I am still in the hospital, and I have to tell you --- my pain this time is so, SO much worse than ever before. I understand it is because he took out two ...9 years ago
-
The Watchers - A few years back I asked my grandmother what her earliest memory was. She thought for a moment and told me that the most vivid memory she has from early c...10 years ago
-
How I started the new year..... - A few days after January 1, I hurt my foot. I thought perhaps I had stepped on it wrong and sprained it. I knew I had a doctor's appointment coming up so...10 years ago
-
RIP Mom, I love you - July 8, 2015, my brother called to tell me my mother had passed away. I don't want to go into the details. It's been hard. I have a lot of guilt. I used Na...11 years ago
-
Diagnosis Today! - Well, my father just called and we are leaving at 11:30am to head to the doctor. sniff sniff. At least we will eat a good lunch somewhere. That gives m...11 years ago
-
Resisting - To quote a CBSnews.com article, "Flowers are blossoming. Bees are buzzing. The sky is blue. Sunsets have been stunning. Temperatures have crept north ...11 years ago
-
Author's Website - My new author's website and blog is live. You can find it here. Among other things, on the books page it has a synopsis of my soon-to-be-published book *Th...13 years ago
-
I Love Photography! by The Pioneer Woman - A short time after I started my blog in 2006, I got a “big girl camera” and began learning about photography. My learning approach was to take thousands an...13 years ago
-
-
Another Week Gone - *Earlier today I did manage to change my header pic to one from the Opryland Hotel Atrium in Nashville, TN. Harry and I enjoyed our time at the Ryman and ...14 years ago
-
HOPE CHEST - *I was recently asked a question by BlogHer:* *"How do I plan to create Happiness for myself in 2012?" Tough question if you ask me..** *(oh before ...14 years ago
-
Wow...I almost forgot about my blog! - The best intentions sometimes fall by the wayside once spring and summer get here. And what with addictive games and contacts on Facebook, my blog has suff...15 years ago
-
His name is "Stay!" - I'm lucky enough to get a call every so often from the Endress+Hauser Corporation to make something out of their spare parts. They give me full creative...16 years ago
-
-
-
-
-
Blog Archive
-
▼
2008
(334)
-
▼
May
(27)
- Thought I'd put out a quick post. It seems a lot o...
- Today kicked my butt. I think I've been overdoing ...
- So...I got to Karen's house just as she was puttin...
- I got a jump-up and get started morning. What else...
- The weekend is over, and although it felt longer t...
- Thought I'd do a quick update. I started thinking ...
- Why, oh why, did I have to wake up at 4:15 AM? Why...
- Another rushing morning. That's because I spent ab...
- I'm gonna see how fast I can write this. Where doe...
- I'd love to be camping next to this stream. I used...
- I stayed home all day. Amazing, huh? I wasted a lo...
- "What a single girl does on a Saturday night out"I...
- I tried to post this last night but Blogger just w...
- I woke up at the crack of dawn and decided to just...
- I've been sitting here watching a National Geograp...
- PS...the dryer is working! I was so relieved when ...
- I should have written yesterday with an update. Fi...
- This rain has got to end. I've been a slave to my ...
- A little this and that.My postal carrier never pic...
- Last night I told Emily I'd take her shopping afte...
- Mother's Day plans anyone? Emily and I will be goi...
- Saturday! The day I wait for all week, and it's he...
- Update...The day got better. I decided to do some ...
- There's times I wish I could say exactly what I wa...
- Bring it on, Mr. SquirrelI foresee many entertaini...
- I'm a voyeur in my own backyard. Here in my hammoc...
- I'm so tired because....it was my day off and you ...
-
▼
May
(27)


11 comments:
We've participated in that food drive every year for who knows how long though. Thanks for bringing a reminder... I'll start getting some stuff ready.
I'm glad you got to do some shopping. I hope it lifted your blues.
Take care friend!
I'm glad your day got better. And thanks for the reminder about the food drive.
That food drive is a great cause to work for. I like those types of things.
The food drive is alive and well here. I'll have a couple of small boxes full of staples for pickup. At one time I did canned goods but found that many people did that and staples were in short supply. Also baby formula is a good item for donation.
I'm glad the second half of your day was better than the first. I understand better than you realize about the need to hang onto your sanity during the teen years.
I'm glad things got better for you yesterday. We've been working on our glass collection too. I think we need more tablespoons and knives as well.
Glad to hear that you day ended up better than it started.
I live on a rural postal route but I'm going to check with our post office anyway. Sounds like a great idea.
Thanks for the link. It's a great idea. I don't like to clothes shop either and when I do I usually try to buy a LOT of stuff, so I don't have to do it again any time soon. I bought these great pants recently and can't find a top to go with them and the pants were a final sale. Bummer. Waaaah.
Oh good, it got better:)
I hope you have a great weekend....and a very happy Mother's Day!
Glad things got better. I've got some canned goods ready to go tomorrow. Thanks for the head's up Cheryl.
Happy Mothers Day!
Carol
I have a p.o. box so I pick up my own mail at the post office. I'll have to check and see if they have something there.
I don't like to clothes shop either. If I find one thing I like, I may get three of them just to save time and shopping!
Post a Comment
I love comments!