22 December 2007

Adios work. See ya in five days, woohoo!

I stopped by Starbucks on the way home for a triple caramel latte. The barista asked if I'd like extra caramel sauce on top, and I smiled and nodded yes. Then he asked if I'd like extra caramel sauce in the latte. Again the smile and nod. When he asked me if I'd like whipped cream I told him no, I had to watch my calories somewhere.

The cake is out of the oven. It had 2 1/4 sticks of butter, 3 cups of sugar, 6 extra-large eggs, a cup of sour cream, and other assorted ingredients. The frosting has almost 3 sticks of butter and a pound of cream cheese, along with other assorted ingredients. So, whipped cream? Do you think I'm trying to gain some weight here?

I've started making the Baked Ziti while the cake is cooling. If anyone wants to say a hello, I'll hear you by the sound of that "You've Got Mail."

Till then...

9 comments:

Andrew said...

Don't you just love The Pioneer Woman Cooks! I have been thinking of making her lasagna for days now, but I am unsure of breakfast sausage tasting good in a lasagna. I will never know unless I try.

Glad you are home from work for Christmas. I hope you have a very Merry Christmas. I am happy and in the mood tonight for some Christmas goodwill and cheer! Take care, Cheryl!

Jay said...

I'm planning on making some Christmas fudge tomorrow. And mom will make her famous cheese ball. And there will be Christmas cookies too of course.

Have fun baking!

bonnie said...

Oh that cake sounds awfully yummy. Do you think you could save me a bite if there are any leftovers? Just a bite. I lost 2 more pounds. Hey, I'll make you a banner! Woowoo. It's soooo easy. I've made three today. What am I going to do with them all? I'll have to figure out something else to do with them. Or maybe I should put them on etsy????? What do you think?

Jen said...

Mmmmm I love baked ziti! And cake! And Starbucks! :)

Mo said...

Oh my! You have seriously made my mouth water.

Why oh why do you have to be all the way on the other side of the country?

Mary said...

Hello....Hello Can you hear me? "you've got mail" Now that I have your attention....I want you to know that you certainly know how to prepare a wonderful meal. Who cares about calories? Not me - at least not until at least the 5th of January.

Billy said...

You've Got Mail is one of my most favorite movies. Funny, I think I will watch it sometime this week.

That latte sounds delic. I have been on a gingerbread latte kick lately. It's not even my favorite drink. But, it does hit the spot.

Have fun cooking! I decided to not bake until tomorrow night. This way, the goodies are super fresh on Christmas Eve. Yumm-O!

Terroni said...

Sausage is fabulous in lasagna, Andrew...have at it!

And, uh, Cheryl...I think that after extra caramel, and eggs, and sour cream, and butter, and cream cheese; you might as well just take the whipped cream, too.

You'll burn those calories cutting and styling in the new year. ;>

CRUSTY MOM-E said...

I am sooo glad that you showed me her site..I am obsessed with it...how she does the detail of it all..In the past day I've made two of her listed recipes, and they were both devine!!

YUM! Sausage with Lasagna! I'll have to visit her again for that recipe!

Always,
crusty~

Post a Comment

I love comments!