18 December 2006

It feels like forever since I've written. It was a busy and great weekend. The party was a huge success. I think a good time was had by all, including me. I really love hosting parties. Setting the stage for people to have fun. This party was a mix of friends, neighbors, family and co-workers. Some regulars couldn't make it, and a number of people were here for the first time. There was so much food. Great food. Wonderful desserts. Lots to drink. It was a whirlwind!


My friend Sheree was so excited for me to open one of my Christmas gifts. She said I'd have to figure it out. I opened a gift bag that I could see was filled with ceramic letters. I'm not good at puzzles or riddles, and I felt the pressure. People watching got it before me. I needed hints before I got it. Finally she said it had to do with my blog. What a perfect gift.













Sheree and her daughters spent the night. We don't get to see each other often enough. Sheree answered an ad I placed for a roomate back in the early 80's, and we've been friends ever since. The first Christmas I ever had was with her. I consider her to be family, and her kids my neices.




Yesterday was spent zonked out. Physically and mentally exhausted. I never got out of my pajamas. It was so needed. Today I got an early start and spent the day with my mother. She had a very bad stroke 6 years ago, and I try to spend at least one day a week with her. Mostly just for company. We have a reputation for going out to lunch. We both love to eat, and it's quality time. We ran a bunch of errands today. It's amazing how many people are out and about Christmas shopping in the middle of the day. The CD and DVD departments in Target were wiped out. The line at Panera's was to the door. I must say, people seemed to be in a good mood, or at least I projected that for them. I was in a good mood.

Well, I need to get back to my cards. I'd like that done tonight. I won't know what to do with all my free time after that!

2 comments:

Billy said...

Wow, that looked like so much fun! I am glad you had a good time.

Anonymous said...

We had a great time at your party, we really enjoyed it! I Love the sideshow!

Post a Comment

I love comments!