17 January 2007

I just made a big leap and ordered airline tickets. I'm not a good flyer. I'm going to try not to worry about it till March when I'll be taking my trip. I'll fly into Charlotte, NC for the weekend. I'll meet my sister who will drive there from her home in GA. Neither of us has been there before, so we'll be looking for things to do. This will be the first time we've ever spent any time together without our kids, and I'm very excited about it.

I drove to my parent's house after work. My Dad's in Atlantic City for the night, so I invited my Mom to spend the night with me. We went to dinner at Outback Steakhouse. That was really good. I've only been there a few times. We had my mother's favorite meal, Alice Springs Chicken with salad, broccoli, and sweet potato. Yum. We split the dinner with salads for each and it was just enough. Afterwards we went to Coldstone Creamery and had fancy ice cream concoctions. Yum. We got home and watched American Idol. I couldn't ignore it since it was what my Mom was watching. How can all these people audition for the show when they clearly can't sing? They all really seem to think they can. My Mom was laughing at them, and I was just shaking my head. I think it's pretty sad.

1 comment:

Billy said...

I can't bear to listen to people who can't carry a note. It's painful. I love Outback as well. In fact, I plan on eating there this evening after I weigh in at Weight Watchers to celebrate how much I have lost. Yeah!

Post a Comment

I love comments!