22 January 2007

I thought I'd write a short post about my goldfish. It's a slow morning. I swear my fish has magic powers. He has been on the brink of death so many times yet so far always comes back to his huge robust self. I once read that fish have a 3 second memory. He must have forgotten he was dying. He spent most all of his time floating on his back last week. Emily or I would walk past his tank and frantically tap on the glass and say, 'don't die fish'. I know, not very personal. He doesn't have a name. I'm not much of a pet person. I've had a net and a heavy opaque plastic bag next to the tank at the ready for his disposal. I'm thinking he may be too big to flush. I did the honors of flushing my neighbor's big goldfish who died while she was out of town. She said she'd do the same for me although Emily thinks she wants ours buried. Well guess what? Fishy is back and seemingly extremely healthy. No more floating around for him. I'm relieved. I hope he remembers to behave like a fish should for a while more.

1 comment:

Mary Beth said...

Hi Cheryl--thanks for reading my blog! I laughed at your goldfish story--that's the kind of thing I would do, have a fish and name him "fish" and tell him not to die. no pets here in Kyiv! MB

Post a Comment

I love comments!