10 January 2007

It's been a busy few days of work. Today was payday, and it wasn't pretty. My work is strictly commission, and I was off for a few days after Christmas followed by a slow week after New Year's. That's just the nature of the business. Things have picked up again, and I don't have any time off planned till March. I'll try to put aside my fear of flying to attend the big Chicago Midwest Beauty Show. I'll need to fly to Chicago again in May for my nephew's wedding. I'll just have to do it. I understand it's only about an hour flight; that's good. My sister just sent me a e-mail telling me flights are on sale to Charlotte for $39 each way. I might have to do that too. The last time I flew was 2 years ago and I got a prescription to help me out. I'll need to do that again. I decided I wasn't not going to do things because of fear that something bad could happen. People fly all the time. I'm not deathly afraid, just kind of.

I'd like to spiff up the look of this blog, but I'm not very savvy with code. Really, I'm clueless but would like to learn. I'll be playing around with a picture, let's say, trying to center it, when my daughter will look over and say, wouldn't you like that centered? Well yes, I just don't know how to do it. So I bought a book, Creating a Web Page with HTML for beginners, and I'm going to see what I can learn. Just one of the many projects that I don't have time for but have an intense interest in. I'll also take my friend Kit up on her offer to lend me her photo scanner while she's away for 2 weeks. That will keep me busy.

For those of you who haven't known me for long, I love making my own cards with rubber stamps. I have a craft room, with just about every related supply to support that habit.I used to be obsessed with it, but it's definitely been on the back burner. My new hobby seems to be computer-related. I haven't given up on my craft hobby, I just make the cards when I need them instead of spending my spare time brainstorming new designs.

I noticed this beautiful sunset as I was leaving work. It was a welcome sight.

1 comment:

Billy said...

card making, hmm

I don't have enough patience to do it, nor do I have a creative bone in my body. I wish I could do stuff like that.

Anyway, I am computer illiterate as well. I have had Andrew help me with a couple of things, but my blog won't be changing at all. It sucks, but, oh well.

If you come across any easy, cool stuff, let me know. Have a great week. We are in for freezing rain and snow here for the next four days. Lovely.

Post a Comment

I love comments!