-
skip to main |
skip to sidebar
31 October 2007
The popcorn was a huge success, much to my surprise. I was thinking it was a 'loser' idea. Most of the trick-or-treaters were really excited, exclaiming, we got popcorn!! as they walked away. Usually they just mumble, thank you. The 120 bags went way too quickly and I had to turn the porch lights off. Party's over. There were tons of 'out of area' kids. Parents in their vehicles, idling, waiting for their kids to finish so they could transport them to another street. It makes me wonder what their neighborhood is like and why they had to go elsewhere. In the meantime, I ate too much. I try to fight it, but I'm an all or nothing kind of girl.
The Girl With the Curl
About Me
- Cheryl
- I have the perfect job for me. I choose to be a happy person. I have a 23 year old daughter, a mostly local family and some great friends. I live in a sun-filled home that I love. I love to learn. I'm easy to please. I'm not always what I seem.
I Wonder What's In Here?
FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed
My Blog List
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
Blog Archive
-
▼
2007
(392)
-
▼
October
(37)
- The popcorn was a huge success, much to my surpris...
- I like to write every day. Sometimes there's just ...
- I finally got some cleaning done around here this ...
- I had the best day. After dropping Emily off, I he...
- This morning finds my daughter and I at Panera's. ...
- It rained, rained, rained all day. Amazing for the...
- I'd have to say it was not a very good day. I neve...
- I'm trying so hard to be motivated today, but it's...
- I'm listening to Alison Krauss and Robert Plant pe...
- Andrew wrote that he was looking forward to readin...
- I love long days. Today was one of them. I'm sitti...
- No title
- So much for the fancy shoes...The girls wore flip ...
- It's been a day. I don't know if I should say long...
- That's me and my best friend. We played BHS today,...
- The doctor said no food or water after midnight. D...
- I received a e-mail from the couple I gave the bir...
- It's 80's DayIt's spirit week at Emily's school, l...
- I forgot to write about my bird's last day here. I...
- What I wanted to do, and what we did today, was to...
- I wonder what the day will hold? It's beautiful ou...
- There's nothing like a good night's sleep. I can g...
- I want to write something. Really I do but I'm jus...
- I'm wasting my day away. I hate that. I went to th...
- I feel like a slug. I've spent the night sitting o...
- Isn't it great to check your blog and see comments...
- What an easy day. In to work by 9:30. Color class ...
- Well I finally got the results, today, from the up...
- Only one of these guys wanted to stick around for ...
- I feel like I'm playing hooky. I'm at Caribou Coff...
- I thought I'd write a long post tonight, but, that...
- ...and another weekend rolls around.It's Saturday ...
- My daughter gets SO excited about her birthday. I ...
- Seems like ages since I've written. Was it only ye...
- Good morning! Yes, I'm a morning person. Lately, t...
- Two posts in one day. I just spent some time catch...
- OK...the pictures are uploading this morning. Here...
-
▼
October
(37)


11 comments:
Jeez woamn, go to bed! It's almost Midnight you're time. :) ha,ha,ha
Good night!
-P
very good choice!! I'm glad it went well!! That's right, to turn off the lights when the candy is done...I couldn't remember..did you have time frames for the treaters?
And em...how'd she fair in the candy world?
Always,
Crusty~
P.S. One holiday done and now we're just closer to my two favorite holidays with a bday in between...YEA!! Going to start the Christmas shopping online today. :)
Always,
Crusty~
Back when times were simpler (I was 8 to 12 yrs old) we lived in a mid sized city.
Our house was the most popular Halloween house in the whole city. It wasn't a large house or in a particularly nice neighborhood. We didn't have lavish decorations. It was in every respect just like all the other houses in the area.
So why were we so popular? Mom and dad gave out what every kid wanted. Everyone who reads this I think will agree that yes this would have been what they wanted most as well.
What did we give to the kids?
.
..
...
....
.....
......
.......
I can be such a tease.
We gave out Koolaide.
You get to eating that candy and what did you really need more than anything else in the world? That's right something to wash it down with.
TAG
Wow! We only had ONE trick-or-treater last night. The boys went out to other neighborhoods with friends and came home with more candy than I have ever seen collected in my 26 years of being a mother.
I have to say thanks again for sharing your idea for treats. It was fun to see the kids look twice and say, WOW!
I have to say thanks again for sharing your idea for treats. It was fun to see the kids look twice and say, WOW!
You know, it's not my style to say "I told you so", but I did tell you that the popcorn was a cool idea in comments didn't I? Yes, I did. ;-)
Wow, you had a lot of trick or treaters.
People drop off their kids from other places where I live and we get loads of kids too.
We didn't have any last night though because we went out. :-)
I knew the popcorn would go over good! I'm glad you have a safe neighborhood for the kids. Around here it isn't safe at all. Lots of drug addicts and the news has been reporting a rapist on the loose. How scary is that! So, those out of the area kids are probably grateful that they don't have to fear for their lives when they munch into the yummy popcorn! : )
Mmmm, i loooove popcorn..excellent idea!
Post a Comment
I love comments!