skip to main |
skip to sidebar
20 September 2007
I'm not usually at Panera's in the afternoon, but why not? I'd like to have my own private cubby here, with a privacy screen in Panera's warm, harvest gold/orange/vanilla colors. Why? To do hair. My clients would come in on their lunch break. They'd all be friends with me. We'd talk while I 'worked' (if you can call it work). I'd schedule regular breaks to sit at my favorite table with my laptop. I'd have a bagel with cream cheese every day for breakfast with dark roasted coffee. For lunch I'd have a cup of soup and a half salad, with an apple. Dinner could be the same. I don't think I'd get tired of it. I'd become friendly with all the regulars. I'd feel like I was entertaining at home. I'm having a great day dream here. Too bad it couldn't work. I'd have to leave my job. I couldn't do that. I have a home to take care of. Not to mention a daughter. Well, a girl can dream, right? In the meantime, I'll come here and visit when I can. And dream.
The Girl With the Curl
About Me
- Cheryl
- I have the perfect job for me. I choose to be a happy person. I have a 23 year old daughter, a mostly local family and some great friends. I live in a sun-filled home that I love. I love to learn. I'm easy to please. I'm not always what I seem.
I Wonder What's In Here?
FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed
My Blog List
-
-
RIP Mom, I love you - July 8, 2015, my brother called to tell me my mother had passed away. I don't want to go into the details. It's been hard. I have a lot of guilt. I used Na...11 years ago
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
Blog Archive
-
▼
2007
(392)
-
▼
September
(33)
- I had some pictures to post, but Blogger is not co...
- Have I mentioned how boring my life is? I don't me...
- Espresso Art In The Morning
- Friday night. Me and the bird, hanging around. Not...
- The bird really likes my keyboard. This isn't goin...
- I have a bird on my shoulder. A co-worker's neighb...
- Tired. Tired but still wanting to do a little writ...
- It's official...Fall is here.Yes, I'm one of those...
- Update: I fixed the link to Kit's blog. Sorry abou...
- Were you wondering where I've been? I don't seem t...
- It was a great day off! I was home on the computer...
- I'm not usually at Panera's in the afternoon, but ...
- I just finished a healthy broccoli/tofu stir-fry. ...
- Finally home after a long day at work. The day act...
- Continuation...So it was an off-kilter day. I did ...
- It's been a day of doing this and that. Nothing bi...
- Just finished a great dinner. If I must say so mys...
- Earlier today:Another morning of jumping out of be...
- Foremost in my mind has been the bad news that my ...
- Mother and Child
- OK. Sonogram done. I had no idea that almost all p...
- So we're sitting at the dinner table, eating our n...
- Morning! A sunny and cool one. I'll try to spend a...
- I'm so tired this morning. It's been a while since...
- I decided to get up and out. Emily's walking aroun...
- I'd rather be eating ice creamThe Orville Redenbac...
- I'm taking a chance here...I'm on the chaise on my...
- I'm having a very scattered day. Not scatter-brain...
- It's always such a nice surprise to visit someone'...
- I meant to write earlier about the doctor's visit....
- New day, I got a new attitude.I woke up bright and...
- I'm not in a good mood. How's that for a starter? ...
- How can it be Saturday again? It seems like the we...
-
▼
September
(33)


10 comments:
What a lovely idea! I'd so like to have a place like that to come to! Why does reality always have to ground our dreams? Sigh
You made me smile with this post. I would love to live at an A.A. meeting. That way I always had a support group around me at the ready. I could blog from my laptop and watch television in the foyer. Maggie and Rosa might get out done with me though! hah! Glad you are enjoying your day off and thanks so much for the email today!
You know, that is a great concept. To have a gourmet coffee shop with good sandwiches, soup and salads, and be able to get your hair done and other services. You should talk to P&M about it! Oh, and good desserts too.
Sounds like a great idea. It's always nice to have a dream!
Sometimes, I feel like my dreams are the only thing that keep me going...
It is great concept. Love it. A great way to relax.
Hey there Cheryl :).
I love stir-fry broccoli and tofu too :)
I like that idea!!! Sounds like a wonderful company merge..that with Starbucks..and we're GOLDEN!! :)
Hope you had a good friday night alone!! :)
Always,
Crusty~
my hopes and dreams are what keep me going.
Oh, I'm a Panera girl too! Unfortunately my family doesn't like it, so I have to beg and plead or sneak off by myself in order to go there! Next time I'm in MD, we'll have to plan a lunch there! You know, when I was in MD last week, I actually heard my mom say that she was SICK of Panera!! I almost fell over! :)
Loving your blog!
Becca
www.beccasfreshfruit.blogspot.com
Dreams...where would we be without them. I feel lost in a dream right now...ok its a bad one..but a dream just the same.
We don't have Panera here..i am glad you have such a place to enjoy.
Post a Comment
I love comments!