01 March 2008

Hi...it seems like a long time since I've posted here. And a long time since I've shown any pictures. I have a pizza in the oven now, and if it looks good, I'll snap a shot. It's semi-homemade. Trader Joe's dough, Italian Tomato starter sauce, pineapple, and Kraft Pizza blend cheese. I'm making it in my iron skillet. My boss, a great cook, has been working on perfecting his pizza. I'm following his instructions.

OK...here it is. I realize it looks like an omelet pizza. The crust definitely needed more time in the oven. I burned my lip on the first bite and have a small blister. Still, not a bad pizza for a first try. I already have some ideas on how to make it better.

I bought all the ingredients to make Rigatoni Al Forno. I love the recipe from the box of San Georgio for their lasagna, so I thought I'd try the one I found on the box of Rigatoni. I'll make it for tomorrow's dinner. I've been on an Italian kick. You probably knew that.

I'm upstairs using Emily's computer while she's out. It's so nice to work on a speedy one! Actually, I'm writing this while on hold with the phone number I've been calling lately. And that's all I'm saying about that.

I'm so glad today was Saturday. Still is. I had a great day at work. I'll be posting from Panera's tomorrow.

4 comments:

Mary said...

An iron skillet for baking pizza. What a great idea! I'd never thought of that. I really like Italian food but Harry isn't a big fan so I seldom cook Italian.

I'm really considering not buying a Dell when I replace the laptop. Your experience is adding to my concern.

Hope you are enjoying morning at Panera's.

fiwa said...

That looks really scrummy! Now I want pizza for breakfast. :)

heiresschild said...

the pizza does look good. i don't like/eat cheese, but i love a good veggie cheeseless pizza. i've never heard of pizza cooked in an iron skillet. i know you can do fritatas that way.

Amanda said...

Hmmm, I'm intrigued by the idea of the pizza on a skillet. I like the way the dough looks, that's just like the one's I've seen in Italy.

Post a Comment

I love comments!