03 November 2008

Facetime at a coffee shop

I realize what's been missing. Facetime at a coffee shop. Duh. If only...

Random thoughts: one stream of water from the shower head at the aquatic center was so much stronger than the rest that it was noticeable. There was no sunlight illuminating the pool water. I got my favorite lane. I counted by 4's while swimming to pass the time. I found out that there's 36 laps to a mile, not 32. The pool is 18.8 miles from my house. It's 20.7 miles to my parent's from the pool. I forgot to see how many miles from there to the counselor. Probably about the same. I drive a lot of miles on Mondays.

I was out of the house by 7:50 this morning. At my folks at 10:30. Cut my mother's hair. Errands in-between, then the counselor. She's the best! Then I got the bright idea to drive to Caribou Coffee. Almost everyone here has a laptop and a coffee. I had a fruit smoothie and a cranberry scone. I've been here for hours. Read all your blogs. It's been such a nice way to finish out the afternoon. Emily has been with a friend since after school, and went to Chick-fil-A with the family. I'm about to end my time here, but I think I'll stop by Chipotle for dinner to go. All in all, a great day off. I still have my constant headache. The heating pad worked yesterday when I held it against my neck. Dinner, PJ's, heating pad and TV. Yes!

7 comments:

Jay said...

Sounds like a nice relaxing afternoon and evening. We just don't have anything like Caribou Coffee around here. And my laptop's batter has no life anyway, so even if we did, I wouldn't be able to go hang out there and read blogs. Unless I could plug my laptop in somewhere.

Brad said...

I won't knit pic and say that you've failed to account for a whole 2 hours and 20 minutes this morning. A girl has to have some privacy.

Sounds like a great plan for the evening - enjoy!

Jenny said...

That does sound like a lovely day, Cheryl! I'm so proud of you for sticking to your swimming. I've had a headache all day too; I think it's because I've watched too much election coverage, LOLOL! I hope you feel better very soon. Thanks for including my blog in your Internet perusing today!

TAG said...

So what do you order at Chipotle? I am a sucker for a good burrito with beans and meat (steak or chicken) and cheese and lettuce.

TAG

Ruth Hull Chatlien said...

I hope you were able to get rid of you headache again. And thanks for visiting my blog today. I always enjoy your comments.

LM said...

Try using a corn bag when you have a headache. They are small pillow-like bags filled with field corn and you pop them in the microwave for 2 minutes or less. They are wonderful...moist heat that keeps warm for over an hour. Hope you feel better today.

Neponset River Bridge Dig said...

Sounds like you may hold a lot of stress in your neck thus causing the headache. May I offer a slow massage of your neck muscles to smooth things out?

There is a special pillow (for sleeping) made of corn husks that is really works good for neck issues. I will try to get the name - It really works.

Post a Comment

I love comments!