13 November 2008

Fun with friends

I'm really fortunate to have blogging friends that live close by. Today we added Kathy to the mix and she fit right in, as I knew she would.


We talked non-stop. Laughed. Flitted from one topic to another. I'm sure we could have talked for hours. Three of us got the fish tacos. They were fantastic. Karen got a Reuben, which was delicious. We're going to make plans to see each other soon.



The school conferences went well. Most of Emily's teachers had great things to say about her. They usually do. We went to the orthodontist afterward. We might decide to have braces put back on Emily's top teeth. The doctor said he could do clear braces and wouldn't charge. We don't have to make a decision right away, but I think we should take advantage of the offer. Her K-9's have pulled up a bit, and I'm not sure I like the way her teeth meet. It's been a year since she's had her braces off.

I'm making an early night of it. Later!

10 comments:

KathyA said...

We did have a good time, didn't we. 'Flitting' is an appropriate word. It was like the poster children for ADHD! Glad the conferences went as well as they did.

Ruth Hull Chatlien said...

I love that photograph of the four of you.

Good news on the conferences.

Andrew said...

Ah fish tacos. You made me so hungry tonight. I loved the picture of you, Kathy, Karen, and Bonnie. I feel like I know these people so well from reading their blogs. Sleep well tonight and I miss it so much when you take a blogging break. You are always missed.

Jay said...

I've been blogging for almost 3 years and I still haven't met any blog buddies. Crazy!

Gin said...

How cool...love the photo. I wish I had blog friends who lived close. I may meet one of them next summer on the way to the lakes!

Congrats on the conferences! And your lunch looked yummy!

fiwa said...

Oh, how fun. I'm glad the four of you had a good time together. Blogging buddies are the best.

Yay - good conferences - that is good news.

love,
fiwa

Lena said...

It is so cool that you blogging buddies get to hang out! Love the photo!

Rick Rockhill said...

You ARE lucky to have blogger friends nearby. I don't have anyone near me. Look slike a fun time.

Jamie said...

You are so fortunate to have such good blogging buddies nearby. And you all look so cute together! I think the invisible braces are a good idea, too. But I'm sure a pain for Em...

Have a great day today, Cheryl. Hugs. :)

Anonymous said...

It's so fun to meet up with blogging buddies! Great picture of all of you.

Why are Emily's teeth moving? Does she not have a retainer to wear at night? I'm curious as I have one currently in braces and the other out for about a year now.

Post a Comment

I love comments!