04 November 2008

My plan was to vote at 10:00. I figured the lines would be short or non-existent. I got up, put the water on for coffee, and started making my lunch for the day. And I thought about voting. I was ready, and excited. I knew I should wait, but decided to just go for it. I turned off the burner and got dressed and out of the house. At 6:45 AM. I walked to the school, and proudly waited in line. There was such a feeling of camaraderie and pride in the crowd. I didn't mind the 70 minute wait at all. I walked out, proudly sporting my "I Voted" sticker. I think I'll always vote on election day, no matter how my state votes on the issue of early voting. Everyone at work was talking about voting. Everywhere you looked, people had on their voting stickers. There was a feeling of patriotism in the air.

I'm going to sleep now. I hope to wake to the news that my candidate won.

12 comments:

Martha said...

Don't know who you voted for, but good for you for getting out to vote! I got my vote in this morning and felt good about it all day.

Sarah said...

Geoff and I always have to absentee ballot (PA), but I look forward to someday standing in line to vote. :)

Sarah said...

oh, and just in case you're wondering, yes, we voted!

Moohaa said...

The winner has been decided....

Ruth Hull Chatlien said...

I hope you'll wake up pleased with the result.

Summer said...

It was amazing wasn't it? The Baby and I were at the poll at 555 and it took us 1/2 hour.

Brad said...

I hope you were pleased when you woke up!

Anonymous said...

I was amazed to not have a line when I came 1/2 hour after the polls opened. Of course there was getting to be a line by the time I left.

CRUSTY MOM-E said...

voting on any other day then election day for me just doesn't feel right..voting on the actual election day is like waiting for Christmas Morning..

I dunno, I'm wierd like that. :)

Gin said...

It is a feeling like no other, that's for sure.

captain corky said...

It was one of the most amazing days in the history of this country.

ellesu said...

I felt the same way. I stood in line maybe 15 minutes and as I left I noticed there was no line. But....the ladies working there said there had been almost 200 people in line waiting on them to open up when they arrived that morning.

After waiting in line to early vote for over 1 1/2 hours (and then having to leave for an appointment), I welcomed the short wait. BTW, I wish we got stickers!

Post a Comment

I love comments!