09 November 2008

Never a lazy Sunday

Do you have a room in your house that fills up with 'stuff'? Mine tends to be the dining room. No one goes in there and it's out of the way. Mine's not horrible, but needs some work. I've got a collapsible hamper on the floor containing 6 American Girl dolls, along with a lot of their clothes. I don't want to get rid of them. If you know about American Girl dolls you know there's a small fortune worth of stuff in there. The hope is that one day Emily will want the dolls for her kids. In reality, I should probably sell them on eBay. I'm probably one of thousands of mothers who think their daughters will have a sentimental tie to these dolls. Would we feel that way if they didn't cost so much? Probably not. Hmmm... I might just have talked myself into simplifying. I'll have to talk to Emily. To change the subject a little, who I'm really attached to is Muffy. That's the Boyd's Bear that was Emily's constant companion growing up. We called her Emily's sister. Yeah, I know. One day I'll figure out how to use my scanner and post some Emily and Muffy pictures. I won't be getting rid of Muffy. There's stamping stuff from the workshop I went to last week spread across the dining room table. I don't know why, but I'll take care of that today, when I'm finished writing. I already cleaned up the painting supplies that were on it just before I turned on my laptop. Not sure why they were still there. OK...I guess my dining room's not too bad.

I went to Borders as usual yesterday. I have no clue why I look forward to it as much as I do, but, I do. Maybe it's the routine? I always think of it as my reward for finishing my work week. Like I need a reward?? Who knows? I went to the library from there. I've been borrowing CD's and workout videos. The latest is Yoga basics. I'll try it. Emily had her best friend Joey over last night. I made dinner. Tyson's Bourbon chicken. I wouldn't recommend it. Steamfresh frozen mixed vegetables and egg noodles. The vegetables were the best part. And the Edy's Peppermint ice cream for dessert. I hung out in the dining room on my laptop and Emily and Joey watched a movie and hung out in the family room. A nice quiet night at home.

Can you believe how fast the year is going by? Thanksgiving is right around the corner. Actually, I can't wait for that. (And I can't wait to eat my Baked Pineapple bread pudding.) But the day after I start decorating for Christmas and that's a huge undertaking for me. One of the things on my list is to straighten out the basement so I can get to the Christmas stuff! I'll have my first party on December 7, and everything will need to be perfect by then. My next party will be on the 20th. At least they're spread out this year.

I have to make a decision about what to do now. I think I'll go check the aquatic center schedule to see if they're open today. Sometimes they're closed on weekends for swim meets. Since it's going to be closed from the 10th thru the 17th for maintenance, I should try to get one more swim in. Or, I can walk. Or meet Kit. So, I have to think, so I should go. Right.

Just checked... the pool is open. If I think about it I won't go, so...I'm out of here.

Happy Sunday!

12 comments:

Martha said...

My husband and I were just talking yesterday about when to put up the Christmas decorations. I tend to get a bit carried away, too. There's a lot of stuff to bring up from the basement...

Mary said...

I thought dining rooms were for catching the overflow. Darn, now I'll have to clear that room, too. Yours doesn't sound bad to me. Mine if FULL of sewing stuff and three rolls of decorator fabric leaning against one wall. I'm sure my gang thinks they are part of the decor.

happyone said...

I don't have a dining room so my catch all room is the spare room upstairs.

I tried Yoga - nice for stretching but it's much to slow for me. I need something more energetic.

Wasn't my car at JoAnn's. By 2:30 I was out in my back yard bagging up leaves.

Have a great Sunday.

Rick Rockhill said...

I have a series of junk drawers that I am frieghtened to open sometimes. Our kitchen counter/bar area tends to have stuff pile up and its scary too.

ps- the year really is flying by WAY too fast Cheryl

Anonymous said...

I've been busy decluttering too. It's hard for me to let go of things for some reason, but seriously, it's GOT to be done!

There's nothing wrong with rewarding yourself with Borders. Of course you deserve it!

Lena said...

We have my son's extra bedroom now that he is on his own. I was hoping to make it a guest room, but since the husband decided to make it his art studio/catch all room, there is no room for a bed! Well, not yet any way!

I think it is cool that you have a reward that you look forward to at the end of the week. And you do deserve it!

Lena said...

We have my son's extra bedroom now that he is on his own. I was hoping to make it a guest room, but since the husband decided to make it his art studio/catch all room, there is no room for a bed! Well, not yet any way!

I think it is cool that you have a reward that you look forward to at the end of the week. And you do deserve it!

bonnie said...

I decided i didn't like the snowman stamp very much, so I threw out all my "cards." Nobody says you HAVE to keep any of it. I want to see Muffy. Muffy Muffy Muffy!!!!! I keep forgetting that it's time to order my turkey. Better write that one down or we'll be eating Purdue breasts. I just bought some of those Steamfresh veggies. I'm glad to hear they're worth eating.

Jay said...

It's been so long since I've been to a Borders. When I lived in Texas there was one about 5 miles from my apartment. But, up here there aren't any even close to me.

I'm looking forward to Thanksgiving, but not Christmas.

jAMiE said...

Hello Cheryl...Christmas will be here so soon. I bet my sister will be putting up the decorations, sooner rather than later.

I hope you enjoyed your swim!

marykay said...

I know what you mean Megan's room has turned into the catchall room, I have her Molly doll on her bed, I don't think I could ever part with it. It looks alot like she did at that time in her life, long dark hair and glasses. Hold onto them, Emily will appreciate that when she's older...this coming from the woman who gets rid of NOTHING!!! Have a great week.

Summer said...

My problem is my dolls from when I was growing up and some of my toys. I don't know what to do with them. I thought I would have daughters to play with all of them. Ha! I think I'll call Clean House!

Post a Comment

I love comments!