07 November 2008

I had a big old break at work today. I went to Marshall's and bought a few of my usual tops. Mock turtleneck cotton blend. Black. I'm so boring when it comes to clothes. I tried on a bunch of black polyester slacks. Didn't find a pair that fit right. Black is my work 'uniform'. Black shoes and a black smock complete the look. It works for me. I made myself not look at anything Christmas at Marshall's. I have enough stuff for two homes. I'm at Panera's now, using their Internet. Didn't buy anything...I don't think they noticed. I'll be leaving in a few minutes to go back to work for my last client, a highlight and cut.

My friend Kathy came in the salon this morning for her cut and color. She brought me a decaf latte and homemade olive focaccia bread. What a treat. I've been meaning to write about Kathy and here I am. She's been a client and friend for years. An avid reader, gardener, teacher, and writer. And she's about as funny as they come. She started a blog a while ago, but I guess it didn't hook her like it did some of us (who me?) Anyway, she's changed her ways and been writing every single day, and she's good. You've probably noticed her visiting your blogs, but maybe didn't know we were friends? Well, now you know. Her post today had me laughing out loud in Panera's. I'd love it if you stopped by her blog and said hello.

Time to run. Later!

7 comments:

KathyA said...

Are you the sweetest friend, or what!
PS My hair looks great.

Summer said...

I admire you in so many ways. Just wanted you to know it.

CRUSTY MOM-E said...

Cheryl, you have some way about you, and I want some side by side coffee talks. :)

Have a great weekend!!
:)

I will have to check out Kathy and say hi! :)

E

Gin said...

I've been visiting Kathy's blog lately and she's been visiting mine. I had no idea you two knew each other!! How cool is that! You're both very lucky!!

C.A. said...

How is your day, friend? Since I've gone back to work, I find less and less time to blog, but I'm trying to do better.

I would KILL to have a Marshalls around here. And I'm sure you look stunning in black!

Hugs...

C.A.

SOUL said...

i finally made it !!! hello!
you sound good-- hope you are.
how's em?
i love marshalls--ross too. beats any mall.. any day!
i still haven't tried a paneras-- but i have seen a couple around here-- i always think of you when i pass, and wish we could "do lunch". maybe someday.

anyhow-- thanks for the visits-- and i'm gonna go check out kathys place--

hope you have a good weekend!
i STILL need a cut and hi-light-- ugh.. what a mess i am.

Jamie said...

I will check out her blog---and you aren't clothes boring...you just know what you like.

Hugs miss Cheryl. I hope your weekend is going great. :)

Post a Comment

I love comments!