27 January 2011

The beginning set the tone

A tiny little post today. Or at least, a quick one. We lost power for about 3 hours this morning, and it threw off the day for me. I made some horrible coffee by pouring boiling water (gas range and a match) over a paper cone filled with grounds. Sludge. I shoveled. I didn't read, which is what I thought I'd do. I didn't miss the Internet.

I visited my parents and had a meeting at the center with a manager from a private home care agency. I was very, very impressed. It's a start to what comes next.

I used my crock pot for the first time today. I got it as a gift in 2009. I bought a packet of slow cooker pot roast seasoning and followed the directions. It wasn't done after the proscribed time. The meat was tough and the vegetables hard and I was disappointed. Next time I'll find a recipe instead of using a mix. I did get a cookbook along with the slow cooker. We had pizza for dinner instead. Maybe the pot roast will be magically better tomorrow. I cooked it for an extra hour and didn't taste it. And I didn't add cinnamon.

A mundane day. I hope tomorrow is super busy. That's the kind of day I need.

2 comments:

KathyA said...

Put everything back in the crock pot and cook it for another few hours.
Weren't you the pioneer making coffee that way!! :)

happyone said...

Ditto what Kathy said.
Pot roast usually falls apart when cooked in a crock pot. I use mine all the time and love it.

Post a Comment

I love comments!